Let me introduce myself to you all and explain what brings me here today! I have not been a single girl for long; recently I ended a 1.5 year relationship with a douche bag that was not worth my time. I caught him doing unsavory activities online, things that I could not accept, and after a long struggle I was forced to call it quits (FYI, I also supported him financially even though he was 10 years older than me). He proved himself to be an even worse person than I could have imagined, adding insult to injury by stealing from me and disappearing. He was not worth my time, is not worth my tears and will not continue to limit the potential of MY world and all that’s in it.
I’d like to back up a little and share an important part of my life’s path, the fact that my first boyfriend, the love of my life, was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident after being with him 3.5 years. This is the man I would have stayed with forever if I could have, and after losing him I entered a period of deep and dark depression. I was a single girl during this period of time, but looked for love in all the wrong places. I dated guys who did not value or respect me, and I allowed myself to be taken advantage of and hurt emotionally. When I found my ex, the one I just broke up with, I was so desperate for love that I overlooked a ton of red flags. This time around will be different.
I have decided to put myself first this time. Finding a boyfriend is not my goal; rather, I am trying to find myself and come to know exactly what I want in life and a mate. I have started a small list of criteria, and will add to it as my journey continues. Obviously the first and foremost thing is that he must genuinely like, care about, and respect me! But beyond that:
1. he must be self-sufficient, that is, he must be able to support himself financially!
2. he must have a vehicle in which he can pick me up and take me places
3. he must be fun to be around, i.e. have friends, a sense of humor, like to go out and socialize, adventurous….
4. he must tolerate my family and friends, or better yet, sincerely like them!
5. he must include me in activities with his friends (not always, but enough for me to get to know his friends and for me to not feel left out/alienated)
That’s all I have so far, but the list shall continue. Now let’s get started on some adventures!